The social and economic impact of the our work touches on all the Sustainable Development Goals, however the main SDGS which are achieved would be SDG 3 (Good Health), SDG 7 (Affordable & Clean Energy), SDG 8 (Decent Work and Economic Growth) SDG 9 (Industrial Innovation and Infrastructure), SDG 11 (Sustainable Cities), SDG 12 (Responsible Consumption and Production), SDG 15 (Life on the Land) and SDG 17 (Partnerships for the Goals).
Our approach brings innovation and meaningful benefits by providing opportunities for low-paid workers to own their homes, where they currently rent a shack in an informal settlement. Furthermore, our work aims to leverage local investment, developing the local economy and securing buy-in from key stakeholders to catalyse impact in local communities in the following ways:
- Employees will benefit by having access to home ownership in the formal housing market. They will become bankable and escape the economic poverty penalty, improve their health and security and reduce their exposure to air and waterborne diseases.
- Local employers will benefit from improved loyalty and morale within their workforce and stronger attraction and retention of employees.
- Local banks will benefit from getting more customers without significant risks, as they have collateral.
- Local business will benefit from construction of sites and increased economic activity.
- Local government will benefit from increasing the value of their region, including stimulated local economic activities.
- IFC / EDGE Green Building Advisory Services